And leave it to none other than Florida Congressman, Allen West. The media has so far dodged this story like they have dodged other things negative or scandalous associated with President Obama. I mean, we do have an election coming up. So we can expect for our media members to make use of the blinders again.
But who needs them? Allen West is handling it in-house.
Appearing on Nashville radio host Steve Gill’s show last week, West said Obama would be “complicit” with what he sees as Justice Department attempts to slow down and avoid a congressional investigation into Operation Fast and Furious and Project Gunrunner if he didn’t push his attorney general to resign. “The president needs to realize that Eric Holder needs to be removed from the Department of Justice,” West said after detailing why he thinks Holder should appear before an investigative committee to testify about how the DOJ has handled its response to the Operation Fast and Furious investigation. “Or else I believe President Obama is complicit and he is in approval of the actions of his attorney general.”
The Other McCain is theorizing this could spell bigger trouble for Obama than is being discussed. Obama my take an early exit from the White House — Nixon style. I think that is a fair take, if a bit stretched at this point. Who knows how ugly and deep this illegal boondoggle will go?
- Allen West to Holder: Hit the road loser (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Our Response Should Be “Fast and Furious” (bokertov.typepad.com)
- Eric Holder perjury, Fast and Furious aka Project Gunrunner, Holder speech April 2 2009, USDOJ website (via Citizen WElls) (loopyloo305.wordpress.com)
- Deputy US AG David Ogden says that Obama ordered Project Gunrunner (yourdaddy.net)
- MORE ON THAT ATF GUNRUNNING SCANDAL: ‘Fast & Furious’ gets hotter for Holder. “Don’t look now, but… (pajamasmedia.com)